Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

When should i receive w2c so i can file my taxes?

Asked by: covici 281 views YA Discussion

I received w2 from former employer and had wrong last name. I called them 1-29-13 and said they were going to send me a w2c. I havent filed my taxes yet when should i receive my w2c? And can i efile when i receive it?

How others found here:

  • can i file my taxes while waiting for a w2c
  • has anyone gotten their return back even if a w2 had the wrong ssn?

2 Answers

  1. Bostonian In MO on Feb 12, 2013 Reply

    As long as the SSN on the W-2 is correct, you could have filed without waiting on a W-2c. Now that they will be voiding out that W-2 you must wait on the corrected one to avoid possible problems with the IRS when they match data down the road. You’ll have to ask the employer when they will get it to you.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. imgeminirising on Feb 12, 2013 Reply

    Wait for your corrected W-2. Yes, you can e-file.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply