Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers


Asked by: lpliskin 2383 views YA Discussion

How others found here:

  • amended tax return deadline
  • amended return deadline
  • amend returns from 2009

2 Answers

  1. Quick Answers on Apr 16, 2012 Reply

    For most people, 2008 must be amended by 4/17/2012.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Bobbie on Apr 16, 2012 Reply

    When you owe income taxes that are supposed to pay with the 1040X amended individual income tax return you should get them done NOW ASAP for this purpose.
    When you do qualify for for an amount of REFUND in order to get the REFUND into your hand you only have 3 years from the due date of the original filed income tax return in order to claim and receive it after that date the REFUND amount is gone lost and will not be available to you to be able to get it any longer after that date.
    And you can NOT have TWO for the tax year 2009.
    If the first one is for the 2008 tax year the deadline for you to be able to fill out and file the 2008 1040X would have to be postmarked before midnight 04/17/2012
    2009 would be the Middle of April 2013 and for 2010 before the middle of April 2014 for this purpose and time in your life.
    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 04/16/2012

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply