Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

3 Answers

When can i file my income taxes?

Asked by: sfbs 3249 views YA Discussion

How others found here:

  • when can you file 2015 taxes
  • when can you file taxes for 2015
  • When Can You File Taxes in 2015

3 Answers

  1. michael971 on Jan 19, 2013 Reply

    This years the IRS computers do not open until Jan 30. You can do your taxes online or with a CPA or tax service any time and they will put it on hold until Jan 30.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Samwise on Jan 19, 2013 Reply

    After you receive your W2 (earning statement) form from your employer. If you had multiple jobs during 2012, you must have the W2 from all your employers to file. Most employer will have your W2 ready by January 31st.

    Once you get your W2(s) you can figure out what you made for that year and what taxes were deducted from you. If you owe taxes you have to file by April 15th. If the IRS owes you a tax return or you do not owe any taxes at all, you can file the income tax any time before year end.

    Most people file their tax as soon as possible after they got their W2 to avoid interest and penalty. If the IRS owe you a tax return, then the sooner you file, the sooner you get your money.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. Bobbie on Jan 19, 2013 Reply

    Go to the http://www.irs.gov website and on RIGHT side of the page choose FREE FILE


    Free File will open January 30, 2013.
    EVERYONE is Eligible to Free File!
    Let Free File do the hard work for you with brand-name software or online Fillable Forms. You can prepare and e-file your federal return for free. Participating software companies make their products available through the IRS. Some also support state tax returns.
    Review the three-step process below, and you’ll be on your way to e-filing your return–for free!
    Slow and carefully reading every word and try hard to understand exactly what information that you will have enter correctly and completely on each line in the software program so that the correct information and the correct numbers do end up on the correct lines of your 1040 income tax return when you do get it completed at that time in your life.
    To double check it you before you transmit it to the IRS you could also go to a volunteer site in your area and see if they would be able to help you with your 1040 income tax return for this purpose.
    Check out your state website around the end of January to see if you can find some free face to face assistance with your 2012 income tax return during the 2013 tax filing season for this purpose VITA/TCE or the AARP Tax-Aide program might have some local volunteer sites in your area for this purpose and time in your life.
    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 01/19/2013

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply