Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

What does it mean :Your tax return has been received and is being processed:?

Asked by: bustermcleod 1365 views YA Discussion

I first filed my taxes in January but due to identify fraud they didn’t go through. Well long story short I was finally supposed to get my taxes on May 1st but obviously I didn’t get them and whenever I go on wheres my refund it says Your tax return has been received and is being processed. What does this mean? When should I receive my taxes?

How others found here:

  • what does received refund mean
  • if federal refund is received does that mean IRS processed the return
  • our tax return has been recievedand is being processed what does that mean

2 Answers

  1. Bobbie on May 05, 2012 Reply

    You could also go to your local IRS office in your area and get some face to face information about your situation at this time in your life.
    Need Tax Help? Visit an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center
    If you need to resolve a tax problem, have tax law questions or you’re more comfortable talking with someone face-to-face, visit your local IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center where you can spread out your records and talk with an IRS representative across the counter. No appointment is necessary, just walk in.
    For IRS (TAC) Taxpayer Assistance Center locations, business hours and an overview of services, visit http://www.irs.gov. Just go to the “Individuals” tab and click on” Contact My Local Office” in the left tool bar section under IRS Resources.
    Need Tax Help? Visit an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center


    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 05/04/2012

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Ms. Angel.. on May 05, 2012 Reply

    Call IRS at 1-800-829-0922 to find out where your refund is at. Some people with identity theft have had to wait up to 16 weeks or longer to receive the refund.
    now is a good time to request all your w2 for prior years to find out when someone started using your SSN. visit IRS website http://www.irs.gov and download form 4506 to request the w2 or 1099 issued under your social security number. You be surprised what your find, the person name will be on the w2 and their address.
    after your refund is issued make sure to check with IRS before filing next year, you may need to file an identity theft form 14039 again each year.
    Good luck

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply