Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

Unemployment in wrong state?

Asked by: dtba 576 views YA Discussion

My employer added my info into their system wrong. I let them know i did NOT work in Ohio let alone ever been to ohio, but i work in MO. They didnt change that little mess up until very late in the 4th quarter of last year. So now that I need unemployment i tried to file in MO only to find out i didnt make enough in 1 single qtr.. when i worked from 1st quarter last year to just last month… What do I do? I contacted the HR dept, but they are “working on it” and are going to send me an updated W2… thats all ive gotten from them. Help! I really need my unemployment until i get a new job.
Yes I contacted them about it and they said they are working on it. It’s been 2 weeks now and all they have said is “Sorry” and that “My W2 will be fixed” Which doesn’t help me the least bit at the moment.

How others found here:

  • my employer paid unemployment taxes into the wrong state

2 Answers

  1. tro on Jun 08, 2012 Reply

    have you petitioned the employer to correct the records for your actual state of employment?
    and people are not refused unemployment if they worked in another state and are eligible, the states subrogate to the other state for the unemployment for a client in the current state
    if your employer reported your wages to Ohio, unemployment was paid to Ohio and if you qualified, you should be eligible for unemployment from Ohio even if you are now in Mo.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. StephenWeinstein on Jun 08, 2012 Reply

    Try redoing the unemployment application and asking them to include wages earned in MO. (I know you did not work in MO, but they don’t know that. If the wages you earned in OH were entered as MO wages, maybe you can get unemployment based on those “MO” wages.)

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply