Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

4 Answers

Trying to get tax return transcript, but it says wrong address?

Asked by: samserio 3648 views YA Discussion

I’ve been trying to get a tax return transcript online and over the phone, but it says my house address is wrong. However, it is the address I used when I filed my income tax. I really need to get this tax return transcript for school, but have had no luck. Anyone have any idea why it is doing this?

How others found here:

  • irs transcript wrong address

4 Answers

  1. Bobbie on Jul 25, 2012 Reply

    What do you think that we here on this website can do other than have to agree with the information that you are now getting from the IRS for this purpose.
    Take your copy of your income tax return with you when you do decide to use the below enclosed information for this purpose and time ion your life. Good Luck.
    You could also go to your local IRS office in your area and get some face to face information about your situation at this time in your life.
    Need Tax Help? Visit an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center
    If you need to resolve a tax problem, have tax law questions or you’re more comfortable talking with someone face-to-face, visit your local IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center where you can spread out your records and talk with an IRS representative across the counter. No appointment is necessary, just walk in.
    For IRS (TAC) Taxpayer Assistance Center locations, business hours and an overview of services, visit http://www.irs.gov. Just go to the “Individuals” tab and click on” Contact My Local Office” in the left tool bar section under IRS Resources.
    Need Tax Help? Visit an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center


    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 07/4/2012

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Cathi K on Jul 25, 2012 Reply

    It could be a wrong zip or house number. Pull out your copy of your tax return and look at it. You can go to the IRS office and get one.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. StephenWeinstein on Jul 25, 2012 Reply

    It is doing it because you are using the telephone and trying to do it online. You need to request it by mail, in an envelope, with the proper postage, without using the phone or the Internet.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  4. Quick Answers on Jul 25, 2012 Reply

    The retrieval tool is incredibly picky on addresses. Addresses are autocorrected through a post office program and may not match what you put on the tax return.

    So go to the nearest IRS office with ID (wait in line) or call 1-800-829-1040 and ask for it to be mailed to you (wait on line for an hour, mail takes 5-10 days) or call and stand next to a fax machine and beg for it to be faxed to you.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply