Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

5 Answers

So my boss has been cutting hours from my paycheck. I have my timecard to prove it. Who do I go to?

Asked by: megan 1725 views YA Discussion

Multiple other employees have noticed and it is never very much (half hour to a few hours) however, I’m sure shaving a half hour off of every employee every pay period probably adds up to a lot of savings for my boss (who is also the owner.)
When other employees have spoken to the boss they’ve just been reimbursed. As a waitress I make $ 3.27 an hour so this isn’t about money for me, it is more a matter of principle.

Asked: Susan Little

How others found here:

  • my boss shorted my paycheck
  • boss shorting paycheck
  • by boss cuts hours on my check how do i report it?

5 Answers

  1. philip r on May 21, 2011 Reply

    OSHA. they will help you

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Halvard on May 21, 2011 Reply

    Talk to the boss, and if not, get a laywer and he/she will help you! :)

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. Bryce on May 21, 2011 Reply

    Depends. Is this a small private company? Not much you can do, although you could probably complain to OSHA and the Department of Labor (that’s what the link goes to).

    If it’s a big company you should talk to the people at Human Resources.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  4. Mia on May 21, 2011 Reply

    Sometimes there are websites that let you ask questions of lawyers or other professionals, but they charge you. I do think you need to talk to someone who knows about the law and can assist you. There are some good lawyers out there that will answer your questions without charging you, but it sounds like something you should take your boss to court for. And that’s expensive…. So, I would definitely be asking someone who has studied law what your next step should be and then get a second opinion.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  5. Judy on May 21, 2011 Reply

    Talk to your boss first, then your payroll dept.
    Don’t accuse anyone, just say there was some kind of error on your paychecks.

    If they don’t fix it, you can go to your state dept of labor.

    OSHA is for safety and occupational health issues, and has nothing to do with being shorted on pay.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply