Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

so I owe a unemployment over payment they took my state refund can they also take my federal?

Asked by: Jesica Hogan 1172 views YA Discussion

I owe a unemployment overpayment and they took my state can they take my federal to? I was wondering because the WHERE’S MY REFUND thing on the IRS website said they direct deposited on the 28 does that mean Ill for sure get my refund??

How others found here:

  • I owe unemployment
  • if i owe unemployment will they take my taxes
  • Will I receive my unemployment if I owe the IRS?

2 Answers

  1. tro on Mar 30, 2012 Reply

    nothing is for sure
    and no not likely

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Bash Limpbutt's Oozing Cyst© on Mar 30, 2012 Reply

    If the overpayment was due to fraud, such as failing to report income earned while collecting benefits or continuing to collect benefits once you returned to work, your federal refund is at risk. If the overpayment was innocent, your federal refund is safe.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply