Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

my first name is spelled wrong on my tax refund form and i mail it will i still get my money?

Asked by: tmoran 1429 views YA Discussion

How others found here:

  • Wht can happen if on my tax for my home is wrong name
  • irs has first name spelled wrong
  • my child whole last name was spelled wrongvwould this delay my income taxes

1 Answers

  1. garyg7 on Mar 18, 2012 Reply

    1. It’s not a “tax refund form” it’s a tax return. Some people get refunds, some people owe money when they file their tax returns.

    2. The name needs to match what the Social Security Administration has on record for you.

    You need to change the name on page one of the tax return before you mail it. The IRS is working more at sniffing out identity theft and misspelling a name may well trigger additional steps by the IRS. At the least, expect a delay in getting your refund check. At the worst, you may get a letter from the IRS telling you to prove your identity.

    I hope this helps.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply