Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

My brother put wrong info for direct deposit for efile. can irs retrieve funds?

Asked by: epondel 721 views YA Discussion

While doing taxes with turbo tax my brother put my dads account number for upside visa prepaid debit card. the problem is my dad who does not live with us no longer have his card nor account info. he is also now in jail. my brother refund went to the card. upside visa wont help. any suggestions please

How others found here:

  • I filled with turbo tax but put wrong account info on direct deposite

2 Answers

  1. chatsplas on Feb 26, 2012 Reply

    The problem is YOUR failure to follow instructions
    Clearly states that taxpayer’s name must be on the account, that no one else has deposited refund into account, etc.
    Put it in writing to the Upside Visa people and IRS

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. tro on Feb 26, 2012 Reply

    no IRS cannot take it back because your brother made a mistake

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply