Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

Injured Spouse Filing?

Asked by: covici 1333 views YA Discussion

If I filed my taxes for this year thru a JH Tax Service…but did not included a injured spouse form with the tax preparation, Can I file the form alone later or should I just have my preparer do it for me?

I am looking at the least cosy effective way…they are already charging me $ 384 for filing I just don’t want to pay more for filing another form.

Any help would be great…Thanks.

2 Answers

  1. card-ron on Jan 30, 2013 Reply

    You can file the form separately and on your own. You can find the form here: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8379.pdf and the instructions here: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8379.pdf

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Ann on Jan 30, 2013 Reply

    Yes you can file the form later. Just download the form the IRS website and there you go.

    I do not recommend filing through JH Tax Service. You can use Turbo Tax and file injured spouse for free and extremely easy. Turbo Tax is the only free online service that will allow you to file injured spouse this year. All others say you need to print a paper copy out and mail it.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply