Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

6 Answers

I’m a stripper how do I do my taxes, can I get money back I have two kids, and have not done taxes in years?

Asked by: tmoran 2401 views YA Discussion

6 Answers

  1. Common Sense on Mar 30, 2012 Reply

    WHy is your job relevant?
    FAR more info is needed to answer though.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Jacqueline on Mar 30, 2012 Reply

    Easy. If you are a self employed person, your income is to be reported on schedule C (irs.gov) click on forms and publications and print a copy. You will need to also report any expense related to being a stripper and the difference between the income and the expenses is taxable income not only subject to income tax but also social security.
    The tax return and tax to be paid if any are due on April 17, 2012.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. Bobbie on Mar 30, 2012 Reply

    Perhaps as a self employed independent contractor IF that is what you really as a stripper or does the club also withhold some taxes from any possible wages earnings that the place that you do the stripping at pay you and issue you a W-2 form for this purpose.
    And what about the TIP income that you probably also receive during the time that you are performing your services for this purpose?
    Possible a schedule C and SE of the 1040 tax form for some or all of your income that you really do receive for this purpose.
    By applying for a job at a business that need employees to WORK and perform their services to earn the hourly wages or monthly salaries that they would be paid for WORKING during the tax year and having the needed required taxes withheld from the GROSS wages and salaries that they EARN during each pay period.
    As an employee that would be working for an employer at that time in your life.
    Use the search box at the http://www.irs.gov website for Tax Topics – Topic 401 Wages and Salaries


    Wages, salaries, and tips received by an employee for performing services for an employer must be included in your gross income. Amounts withheld for taxes, including but not limited to income tax, social security and Medicare taxes are considered “received” and must be included in gross income in the year they are withheld. Generally, your employer’s contribution to a qualified pension plan for you is not included in gross income at the time it is contributed. However, amounts withheld under certain salary reduction agreements with your employer may have to be included in gross income in the year they are withheld. See Publication 17, Chapter 5, Wages Salaries and Other Earnings, and Chapter 6, Tip Income, for specific information.
    For more information on tips, refer to Publication 531, Reporting Tip Income, and Publication 1244, Employee’s Daily Record of Tips and Report to Employer.
    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 03/30/2012

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  4. Bob F on Mar 30, 2012 Reply

    You’ll probably owe money unless you are not a very good stripper and your income is in the range which would qualify you for the earned income credit. Better to file taxes sooner rather than later as penalties and interest on what you owe will become quite large after a while.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  5. tro on Mar 30, 2012 Reply

    your report any and all income from your services on Sch C, very like SE as well where you calculate your self employment tax
    this is earned income and eligible for EIC, especially with children
    your personal exemptions for 2012 will be $ 3800, standard deduction as head of household, $ 8700, all of which is not taxable for income tax,
    the se tax does have to be paid(not withheld anywhere) but the EIC will probably cover that

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  6. Quick Answers on Mar 30, 2012 Reply

    So do you have a W-2 or does each place you work claim you are a contractor renting space to dance from them? (Not legal, but common.)

    If you are a being paid in cash, have you been depositing the money in the bank every week and recording it in a log book?

    Since you say you haven’t done taxes in years and are hoping for a big refund because you have kids, if the income isn’t on a W-2, I can guarantee you will be audited. After all, you want free money from the government when you haven’t lived up to your reporting and paying obligations in the past.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply