Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

5 Answers

If I make 35,000 a year and will claim 3 kids, how much will I get back?

Asked by: tmoran 1719 views YA Discussion

This year I ended up being granted custody of my 3 little brothers, 13, 11 and 9. I make 35,000 a year. Right now I’ve paid about 6k in taxes for the years… will I get that all back?

How others found here:

  • if I have 6 kids and make 35 000 a year how much taxes do I pay

5 Answers

  1. David on Oct 28, 2012 Reply

    Now, you will have to pay an additional $ 2800 under the new Obama plan. So vote for Romney.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. acmeraven on Oct 28, 2012 Reply

    Your data is not adequate for an accurate answer. You can visit IRS.GOV and use their free tax calculator setup to determine how much.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. tro on Oct 28, 2012 Reply

    if they did not live in your household six months and you provide more than 50% of their support, they still cannot be claimed as dependents
    those are two requirements for being able to claim your siblings as dependents
    otherwise you have another $ 11400 to reduce your AGI and probably $ 8700 instead of $ 5950 as standard deduction
    omg I can’t see a 13, 11 or 9 year old supporting themselves!
    and you stated you were GRANTED custody, it doesn’t matter where the parents are, you apparently have a court order granted you custody!
    I am NOT always wrong!

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  4. Bobbie on Oct 28, 2012 Reply

    NO you will NOT only the FIT amounts would be used a credit on your 1040 income tax return during the 2013 tax filing season for the 2012 tax year.
    AMOUNT of the FIT that will be in the Box 2 of your W-2 form that you will receive from your employer after the end of the tax year during the 2013 tax filing season for this purpose.
    LIVED with you MORE than 6 MONTHS of the tax year would be 1 of the rules that would have to be met for this purpose and time in your life.
    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 10/27//2012

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  5. Quick Answers on Oct 28, 2012 Reply

    Tro is wrong as usual.

    For “qualifying children,” the rule is whether orn ot they supported themselves. If they didn’t have job, no problem there.

    Be prepared to prove they lived with you more than 6 months of the year and if that your claim to them is superior to anyone else’s. (Where are the parents living?)

    For “qualifying relatives,” you’d have to show that no one else could claim them as a qualifying child, and that you paid more than half of their total support. A qualifying relative does NOT get HOH, EIC or CTC. This is an issue if they moved in with you AFTER July 2nd.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply