Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

6 Answers

if i have 3 dependents and a salary of 19200, how much will my tax return be ?

Asked by: emeka22uche 1528 views YA Discussion

My return for 2011 was 8,147 claiming 3 dependents and my salary was 17,900 i believe…This year it’s about 19,200 from same job , claiming 3 dependents, head of head of household , withholding 4 on document as far as deductions from my bi weekly pay periods… i owe no additional taxes, what would be a good guess estimate on how much i should receive for 2012 tax return? Can anyone give me an idea, I want to pay bills ahead this year! Thank You!!!

6 Answers

  1. Rick B on Nov 13, 2012 Reply

    Why are you letting the government keep $ 8,000+ of your money all year?!?!?!! That is 1/3 of your income!!!! You have that much extra money laying around after payday????

    You need to adjust your withholding so that less money comes out each payday and stays in your pocket. That is $ 300 a paycheck. Take that money and put it into a retirement fund, an emergency fund, and a 529 for your kids’ education!!!!

    Pay bills ahead??? Just balance the money. Why play games and get a huge windfall once a year, then struggle the rest???

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. tro on Nov 13, 2012 Reply

    you file a tax return
    you might have a refund
    personal exemptions are $ 3800 each, that would be $ 15200 for yourself and three qualified dependents
    your standard deduction is $ 8700 for head of household, thus your non taxable total is $ 23900
    any income tax withheld should be refunded, the child tax credit will probably not apply here, you will have the EIC credit based on the earned income and now the additional child credit is added

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. Quick Answers on Nov 13, 2012 Reply

    If you file HOH with 3 children under 17, your refund consisted of
    $ 2235 Additional Child Tax Credit.
    $ 5491 from EIC

    That’s *already $ 7726. so the remaining $ 274 was withholding. It’s the withholding that you can turn off. Single/4 wasn’t enough on your W-4.

    For income of $ 19200 with 3 children under 17, the numbers are a little lower, but close.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  4. Bash Limpbutt's Oozing Cyst© on Nov 13, 2012 Reply

    Your tax return is what you file. If you get anything back when you file your return, that’s called a REFUND.

    Your refund for 2012 will be similar to what it was for 2011.

    Assuming your dependents are your 3 children under age 17 who live with you, your federal income tax liability works out to $ 0. Therefore you should not have any federal income tax withheld from your pay. With 4 allowances your federal withholding for the year would be on the order of $ 200. That’s not bad, but it’s not needed either. You should be claiming 11 allowances in your circumstances — just follow the instructions printed right on Form W-4 — and that will cut all federal income tax withholding from your pay. The weekly savings is only about $ 4, but every penny helps.

    You’ll pick up about $ 5,446 from the EIC and about $ 2,430 from the Additional Child Tax Credit. That adds up to about $ 7,876. Add whatever was withheld for federal income taxes — my guess is about $ 200 — for a total refund of $ 8,076.

    It’s not possible to get an advance of EIC or ACTC, something that the first respondent clearly does not understand.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  5. Max Hoopla on Nov 13, 2012 Reply

    Your tax return is what you file.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  6. acmeraven on Nov 13, 2012 Reply

    Go to IRS.GOV and use their free tax calculator to arrive at a fairly close answer to your question as stated.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply