Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

5 Answers

I only earned 600 dollars this year i have two minor dependents how much will i get back on my tax return?

Asked by: sventre 619 views YA Discussion

Im head of household and i only earned 600 dollars this year. I have two minor children. do I qualify for earned income credit and will i get a tax return and if so how much.

5 Answers

  1. Quick Answers on May 21, 2012 Reply

    If you are married, you need to be able to prove you did not live with your ex *and* that you paid more than half the cost of keeping up your home.

    At $ 600, you would not qualify for the additional child tax credit.
    EIC for $ 600 is only $ 250 and you still have to prove these are children who are biologically or legally related to you and that no one else has a superior claim.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Max Hoopla on May 21, 2012 Reply

    There is a lot of this year left. Hold off a while.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. Bobbie on May 21, 2012 Reply

    600 income this tax year 2012 and supposed to be able to prove with written proof that you did provide MORE than 50% of the cost of maintaining the home for you and the 2 minor children to live in for the tax year in question.
    And from your above enclosed information my answer wil have to be NONE at all.
    Because you and your children were each one separately supported by funds from other sources that paid for ALL of each one you total living expense for this tax year that you only earned 600 in to be reported on your correctly completed 1040 income tax return during the tax filing season for that tax year.
    Use the search box at the http://www.irs.gov website for the Publication 501
    Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information


    Exemptions for Dependents


    Only when each one of you meets ALL of the rules that each one has to meet for you to be able to qualify to claim the other taxpayer as your qualified dependent on your income tax return and you are the one that has to accept the consequences of your decision when you make it and you correctly complete and sign you income tax return as you are required to do for this purpose.
    And you do have to sign the completed tax return where the below statement is included at bottom of the page of the 1040 tax form for your use at this time in your life.
    Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is true, correct, and accurately lists all amounts and sources of income I received during the tax year.
    Your signature Date Your occupation
    Be sure that you do have very good detailed written records and a copy of the worksheet that you used to determine the amount of support that you and others paid for this purpose available in case the IRS should decide that they would want you to verify some of the information that you entered on your 1040 income tax return and printed a copy for your records and signed the other copy to send to the IRS for processing at that time in your life.
    You must provide more than half of the person’s total support for the year.
    Support provided by the state (welfare, food stamps, housing, etc.). Benefits provided by the state to a needy person generally are considered support provided by the state. However, payments based on the needs of the recipient will not be considered as used entirely for that person’s support if it is shown that part of the payments were not used for that purpose.
    Total Support
    To figure if you provided more than half of a person’s support, you must first determine the total support provided for that person. Total support includes amounts spent to provide food, lodging, clothing, education, medical and dental care, recreation, transportation, and similar necessities.
    Generally, the amount of an item of support is the amount of the expense incurred in providing that item. For lodging, the amount of support is the fair rental value of the lodging.
    Expenses that are not directly related to any one member of a household, such as the cost of food for the household, must be divided among the members of the household.
    Worksheet 1.Worksheet for Determining Support
    And you will have to do this worksheet for each one that you think that you might be able to claim for the support test and make sure that you do have the needed necessary written proof in IF and when the IRS might decide that they would want you to VERIFY the information that you entered on your correctly completed income tax return during the tax filing season.
    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 05/20/2012

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  4. tro on May 21, 2012 Reply

    if this is self employed income, your se tax would be $ 74 and you might get $ 250 for EIC, with a net amount of about $ 176

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  5. Judy on May 21, 2012 Reply

    You’re really claiming you supported yourself and two kids on $ 50 a month? Really?

    If you are not yourself a dependent, and the 2 kids are your dependents, and you are a single parent, $ 600 earned income would get you EIC of $ 250.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply