Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

I forgot to supply 1099-MISC forms and file them. Help!?

Asked by: tmoran 1490 views YA Discussion

I run a small business. We have two contractors who qualified of a 1099 last year. Just today (March 5) I realized that I forgot to supply them with their 1099-MISC forms and, obviously, also did not submit to the IRS. Can you offer any advice on where to go from here? I know for sure that one of them has not yet submitted her taxes, but not sure about the other. Will I get any penalties by getting my 1099s into the IRS late?


1 Answers

  1. Quick Answers on Mar 06, 2012 Reply

    Order them and file.

    If you can efile using a company that will do it for you, your deadline would be April 2nd, 2012.

    As far as your contractors, they are supposed to use their records to file whether or not they get the 1099-Misc from you.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply