Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

5 Answers

how to i get my tax return for 2009..?

Asked by: dtba 308 views YA Discussion

i called the IRS and said they donnt have any tax info for my 2009 tax return info i wanted to get a transcript

do i have to file it again or what?

5 Answers

  1. garylee on Dec 21, 2012 Reply

    You will probably have to refile. Maybe it was lost in the mail. Talk to the IRS, they will help you.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. ninasgramma on Dec 21, 2012 Reply

    Double-check that they don’t have it. You can submit Form 4506-T and see if a transcript comes back.

    If there is no record, then you didn’t file and need to file by 4/15/2013 to get any refund available to you.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. Bobbie on Dec 21, 2012 Reply

    When the IRS does NOT have any record or copy of your 2009 1040 income tax return that would mean that they never did accept any 1040 income tax return for the 2009 tax year for processing during the 2010 tax filing season for that purpose.
    Contact Your Local IRS Office Taxpayer Assistance Centers
    IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TAC) are your source for personal tax help when you believe your tax issue cannot be handled online or by phone, and you want face-to-face tax assistance. Taxpayer Assistance Centers are closed for all Federal Holidays. Please be advised that you may be asked to provide valid photo identification and a Taxpayer Identification Number, such as a Social Security Number, to receive services.
    Locate a Taxpayer Assistance Center
    To view a list of all Taxpayer Assistance Centers in your state, click on the map or state links below.
    To search for the Taxpayer Assistance Center closest to you, enter your 5-digit ZIP Code into the Office Locator
    Office Locator
    NOTE: The maximum search distance available in the Office Locator is 100 miles. If a Taxpayer Assistance Center is not within 100 miles of the ZIP Code you entered, use the map or state links below to locate the office closest to you.


    Click on your state or the international link below.
    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/20/2012

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  4. Max Hoopla on Dec 21, 2012 Reply

    You don’t have to file agaiin, you have to file the first time.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  5. tro on Dec 21, 2012 Reply

    an actual copy of your tax return will cost you $ 57 and since you have already applied for a free transcript and there is no information, obviously you did not file, no was there any income that IRS was notified that you earned that year
    file it again? obviously if IRS doesn’t have it, and you have something to report, yes it would appear you would file again

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply