Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

3 Answers

How much federal taxes would get taken out of my paycheck?

Asked by: bustermcleod 2978 views YA Discussion

Let’s say I get paid twice a month and each paycheck is 1,512 which x2 would be 3,024 a month totaling up to 36,288 a year. If I was married, how much would be taken out of that 1,512 paycheck? How much would they take out if I was single? I’m a college student just curious to know how this works so please explain thoroughly!

How others found here:

  • how much federal tax is taken out of paycheck
  • how much taxes taken out of my paycheck
  • how much federal taxes taken out of paycheck

3 Answers

  1. Courtnie on Jul 10, 2012 Reply

    go to the second & third link on this website:


    just copy paste in other browzer

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Bobbie on Jul 10, 2012 Reply

    Publication 15 (Circular E), Employer’s Tax Guide



    2012 withholding tables. This publication includes the 2012 Percentage Method Tables and Wage Bracket Tables for Income Tax Withholding.

    GROSS pay to start with for this purpose and then they will withhold all of the required taxes and other required amounts that only you payroll department will really know ALL of them for this purpose.
    Then they will issue you out to you your NET take home pay check at that time in your life.
    Payroll Withholding Tax Calculator
    This easy to use payroll calculator will help you determine your take home pay. It handles both hourly and salary calculations, federal withholding, FICA (Social security), Medicare, and withholding for all 50 states.
    W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate


    And then if they should withhold any amount of $ $ out for the FIT amount as an estimated advance payment of any possible income tax liability that you might have when you correctly complete your 1040 income tax return during the 2013 income tax filing season and you receive your W-2 form from your employer around the middle of January 2013 and if you have a $ $ amount in the Box 2 for FIT you will get a credit for that $ $ amount on your 1040 income tax return and might qualify to get some are all of the withheld amount back as a REFUND amount when you correctly complete your 1040 income tax return print a copy for your records and sign the copy to send to the correct IRS address for processing during the 2013 tax fining season.
    Gross pay $ 1,512.00
    Federal income tax $ 291.32
    Social Security $ 63.50
    Medicare $ 21.92
    California$ 97.51
    Net pay (take home) $ 1,037.75

    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 07/09/2012

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. tro on Jul 10, 2012 Reply

    go to http://www.irs.gov and find publication 15, or so called circular E, this will give you the tables for the amounts and status you are referring to here
    a lot will depend on how you file your W-4 which you can find a calculator at that site to help you
    when you are married you are not considering only your income(if you file married jointly) with the two incomes your gross is considerably more

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply