Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

How do I get proof that I didn’t have to file taxes?

Asked by: dtba 2631 views YA Discussion

My college requires that I have proof of not filing taxes under the conditions that 1. I myself did not file and 2. I do not have a spouse that filed. I asked them what to do if neither of those applied to me and they said to get proof from the IRS. I haven’t been able to find anywhere that says what exactly this “proof” claim is called or how to get it. Please help?

2 Answers

  1. Wayne Z on Apr 16, 2012 Reply


    Form 4506t

    Check Box 7

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Bostonian In MO on Apr 16, 2012 Reply

    Request a Verification of Non-filing letter using Form 4506-T http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf . Check the box for item 7 on the form.

    These may not be available yet for tax year 2011. If not, you’ll have to use either your 2010 return or verification of non-filing and update your FAFSA once the 2011 is available.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply