Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

3 Answers

How do I get my past w2 forms?

Asked by: bustermcleod 1494 views YA Discussion

I have worked at Walmart, subway, and captain d’s, I was employed at subway the end of last year, beginning of this year, and I worked at captain d’s after that, Walmart after that. I had received my w2 form from subway but my wages were low so I decided to wait till next year. I ended up losing it. I moved before I got the ones from the other 2 places, and I haven’t put in a change of address. How can I get these so I can file for them this next tax season?????

3 Answers

  1. MadMan on Dec 21, 2012 Reply

    LOL! you can get a replacement W2 from your previous employer but they will probably charge you for it.

    More importantly, you CANNOT save up your W2s and submit them in a later year. Income from 2011 must be filed under 2011. If my need to file, and you do not if you were paid too little and are not owed a refund or owe extra taxes, you will need to file the W1040 for 2011 with those W2s.

    BTW, if you owe, you will be looking at penalties and interest.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Love big words on Dec 21, 2012 Reply

    The person will the best records usually succeeds

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. ninasgramma on Dec 21, 2012 Reply

    If your employer cannot provide you with the prior year W2’s, you may request that information from irs.gov.

    Call 800-829-3676, or visit the IRS website at http://www.irs.gov to obtain Form 4506 (PDF), Request for Copy of Tax Return, or Form 4506-T (PDF), Request for Transcript of Tax Return.

    You have to file each year’s W-2 only for the year it was issued. So your 2011 W-2 needs to go on a 2011 tax return, which is OK you can still file it. If you owe, you may have penalties and interest, if you are going to get a refund, you usually will not have any penalty or interest.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply