Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

4 Answers

How can I obtain an SSN Trace Report to see if anyone other than me has been using my SSN?

Asked by: jhuntres 383 views YA Discussion

My professor told me that Illegal immigrants are stealing the identities of others. She also told me that everyone in the US has at least 3 people other than themselves associated with their SSN. Is there a way that I can obtain a free SSN trace report to find out what other names and birth dates are associated with my SSN?
Would I be able to conduct an IRB like trace on my SSN to obtain a list of names and Birth Dates associated with my SSN?

4 Answers

  1. gringa1964 on Feb 20, 2013 Reply

    Get free credit report and it will show all inquiries made on your SSN. Also obtain Tax Return and Wage & Income transcripts for the last 3 years from the IRS, and double check if all income reported is yours. http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. tro on Feb 20, 2013 Reply

    not possible, file your tax return as you would normally do, if someone is using your SSN illegally it will be discovered when two tax returns are filed under the same SSN

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. Bostonian In MO on Feb 20, 2013 Reply

    What the hell is your fixation with illegals filing fraudulent tax returns using stolen SSNs? Sure, many use faked SSNs to WORK, but when they file their return, they get an ITIN and attach a letter explaining the discrepancy and the IRS processes the return and sends them whatever refund they are legally entitled to. All nice and legal and the IRS will never turn them over to ICE.

    Virtually 100% of identity theft tax fraud uses valid name & SSN pairs. Using made up or stolen numbers without the correct name simply kicks back out from the IRS computers.

    The SSA will send you an account statement upon request. (If you’re over 55, they send them out automatically every year.) Compare that to your records to spot any discrepancies. Only if you find significant discrepancies and have documentation to substantiate them will the SSA take any further action.

    Check your credit report regularly and look for potentially fraudulent entries. You can get one free copy each year from each of the Big Three credit bureaus at http://www.AnnualCreditReport.com . Stagger the requests each 4 months and you’ll always have reasonably current information.

    If you e-filed your return and it was accepted by the IRS, nobody has filed a return using your name & SSN this year. If someone had, your return would have been rejected as a duplicate. If that happens, see this link http://www.irs.gov/uac/Identity-Protection for instructions on how to proceed.

    IMHO, your prof is an idiot and should be pursuing an exciting career at Mickey-D’s flipping burgers or mopping floors. If the fraud rate was 75% as she claims, virtually everyone in the country would be a victim. With about 290 million “legals” in the US, that would also mean about 900 million illegals.

    There is ONE name associated with your SSN at the SSA — YOURS. Tell your prof to put down the crack pipe and get her head out of her anus.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  4. Bash Limpbutt's Oozing Cyst© on Feb 21, 2013 Reply

    Your professor has lost it. File a formal complaint with the school. If they won’t do anything, request a different professor or drop the class.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply