Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

4 Answers

How can i find out if my taxes were filed?

Asked by: Jesica Hogan 1946 views YA Discussion

My mother and I have a lady to our taxes every year, she didn’t file the taxes by the deadline and said she was going to file an extension for them. That was the last we had heard from her, and have no idea if our taxes have been filed and can not get a hold of her. I need to apply for financial aid and cant because we have no tax information. Is there anyway to find out if they have been filed?

How others found here:

  • how to find out if my taxes were filed
  • how do I check to see if mt state taxes were filled
  • check to see if taxes filed

4 Answers

  1. Ryan M on Aug 19, 2011 Reply

    Call the IRS and ask if they have any record of your return being filed.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. tro on Aug 19, 2011 Reply

    you can go to http://www.irs.gov and go to ‘where’s my refund’ that might give you a clue about the status of your tax return
    or you can apply for a free transcript, form 4506T to see if 2010 has been processed
    but you really need to find this woman, at least get your papers back you need to have someone else file for you
    she probably did an extension which allows her until 10/15/11 to file your return

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. Cathi K on Aug 19, 2011 Reply

    You can call the IRS and ask for a transcript of your tax record. If it isnt file you can use the transcript to file them.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  4. latishacar121 on Aug 19, 2011 Reply

    Call the IRS. If you are expecting a refund, don’t worry if she files late you will not get penalized, but if you owe…. that’s another story.

    First off your tax accountant should have given you a copy of the return she/he filed for you. This is your copy and for your records. IRS will accept that same copy she handed to you if you have to mail it in. IRS will provide you with a P.O. Box when you call them up for the Federal Portion. The other portion can go to the state.

    On another note. If you owe taxes and it has not been processed or and extension has not be filed, she can be held liable for any penalties incurred because of her negligence depending on how this situation is all handled. I hope that this has been helpful.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply