Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

5 Answers

Don’t have my w2 yet,what do i do?

Asked by: jhuntres 755 views YA Discussion

Last year in 2012 my security company lost its contract with verizon so i switched over to the new security company that took the place of the old one. They were a private owned company so now that they have lost the contract they no longer exist. Everyone in management has changed their numbers they no longer have a office of course so I have no way of contacting anyone about the whereabouts of my w2. Ok my fellow co-worker received his w2 yesterday on the 31st of Jan. Today is the 1st of febuary and I still have not received mines. Should I wait a little more or what? Ifnot what should I do when the company no longer exist?

How others found here:

  • i don\t have my w2 yet
  • i don\t have my w2 yet 2015
  • can I e file if I dont have my w2s

5 Answers

  1. James on Feb 05, 2013 Reply

    Wait a bit longer. They didn’t even have to be mailed out until yesterday. If you don’t get a W2 by Feb. 15 (yes, that’s really how long you have to wait), contact the IRS and they will assist you.
    Edit to add: Ignore the poster who told you that you can use your paystub. It is illegal to file your return before Feb. 15 without your W2. Even after Feb. 15, you cannot legally e-file a return without a W2. Instead, such a return must be mailed in.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Kevin on Feb 05, 2013 Reply

    You must wait until February 15. This is not optional. The reason for this requirement is to give time any W-2’s sent by mail at the end of January to be delivered even if the post office is slow.
    After you have waited until February 15, you call the IRS on the telephone, after February 15, and they will send you a substitute form that you can use to file without the W-2, but only if you waited until after February 15. If you call before February 15, then you will have to call back after February 15.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. Alex on Feb 05, 2013 Reply

    Wait a little longer since Congress took so long to adjust the tax regulations and companies did not learn of the change in withholding until late. Thus most companies are two weeks behind in getting out the w2s

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  4. Evan on Feb 05, 2013 Reply

    you can used your pay stub, i did mine like that and i got accepted.. irs will give m money on february, 5

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  5. Jacob on Feb 05, 2013 Reply

    Wait a day or two more. If you can not get it then call the IRS they can help

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply