Can someone whose only income is from SSI disability claim a child on their taxes?
Asked by: dtba
Not sure what details are necessary…
* he is 24
* he is also on food stamps
* his grandmother has an extra house that she let’s him live in for free (he is completely able to care for himself…not sure why he is still on disability or how it works)
* our daughter is with me four days a week and him the other three
* he has no other source of income
Thanks for your help!
I didn’t think he should be able to claim her but we haven’t gone to court so he has been arguing with me about it. In my opinion, not that it matters, he shouldn’t claim her because he hasn’t paid for anything for her at all. Everything that is provided for her at my house I have paid for by myself. His family helps him with everything, then he has ssdi and food stamps.
How others found here:
- can a parent on ssi claim a child tax credit
- can a person collecting ssi be a dependent on someones return?
- can i claim the child tax credit with ssi