Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

4 Answers

can i file taxes if i worked 3 months and have 2 kids?

Asked by: emeka22uche 663 views YA Discussion

or would i get more if someone that has worked the whole year claim us?
im 18 i made between 700-1000 and i live with the dad but he just finished school so he doesn’t work.

4 Answers

  1. imgeminirising on Dec 27, 2012 Reply

    DO it on paper with both options…the answer will be evident! Assuming this person can legally claim you.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Quick Answers on Dec 27, 2012 Reply

    I have no idea. You don’t really give enough facts.

    How old are you?
    How much did you make?
    Who did you live with?
    Where is the other parent?

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. tro on Dec 27, 2012 Reply

    at 18 if you live in the household of your parents 6 months and you do not provide more than 50% of your own support, they will claim you
    apparently with two children you haven’t lived in your parents’ household for a long time
    if you live with the father of the children and your only income is not more than $ 1000, there is a question of how you survive at all? a household of four people, the father is in school, the mother earned less than $ 1000? you must have other sources of support
    anyway your $ 1000 is earned income, if it is wages report on Line #7 on the 1040, if this is self employment you report on Sch C and probably SE as well
    this is self employment income which has to be paid, but you will have no income tax on this amount of income
    you are entitled to EIC based on the earned income, with more for each child, and additional child credit

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  4. StephenWeinstein on Dec 27, 2012 Reply

    Everyone can file taxes. There is no one who cannot file. Even a person who has never worked can file.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply