Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

3 Answers

Can I file my taxes with my check stub?

Asked by: sfbs 1350 views YA Discussion

This’ll be the first time I’ve ever filed my taxes and Im trying to beat my pops from claiming since he still can because I’m in college. But I heard I can file online with turbotax using my last check stub instead of waiting for my W2?? Help me maybe? Lol

How others found here:

  • when can i file my 2013 taxes

3 Answers

  1. Christin K on Jan 12, 2013 Reply

    No you can’t. You need the W-2.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Bobbie on Jan 12, 2013 Reply

    NO you really can NOT and should NOT do this at all during this 2013 tax filing season that will begin January 30 2013 for the 2012 1040 FIT return.
    And nothing that you want to do will be a very smart thing for you to try do during the 2013 tax filing season for this purpose and time in your life.
    Go to the http://www.irs.gov website and use the search box for 1040EZ and then choose the instruction


    Introduction About These Instructions


    We have designed the instructions to make it as simple and clear as possible to file your tax return. We did this by arranging the instructions for Form 1040EZ preparation in the most helpful order.
    •“Section 2—Filing Requirements” helps you decide if you even have to file.
    •“Section 3—Line Instructions for Form 1040EZ” follows the main sections of the form, starting with “Top of the Form” and ending with “Signing Your Return.” Cut-outs from the form connect the instructions visually to the form.
    •“Section 4—After You Have Finished” gives you a checklist for completing a return. It also gives you information about filing the return.
    •“Section 6—Getting Tax Help” has topics such as how to get tax help, forms, instructions, and publications. It also gives you other useful information, such as how to check the status of a refund.
    Helpful Hints
    1040EZ – Main Contents


    Section 3—Line Instructions for Form 1040EZ


    W-2 forms from your employers during the 2013 tax filing season look at it closely and find the Box 2 FIT $ amount if it should happen have some amount in the Box 2 for this purpose then you would want to fill out and file a 1040 income tax return during the 2013 tax filing season using the Box 2 amount as TAX CREDIT and REFUND that you should be able to qualify for when you do correctly completed your 1040 income tax return during the 2013 tax filing season for this purpose and time in your life.
    Be sure and check the box on the page 1 of the 1040 income tax return to indicate that you are a dependent of another taxpayer for the tax year and that you do NOT claim your own exemption and the amount on that line at that time is -0- ZERO
    Sign the completed 1040 income tax return and make a copy for your records and then send the other signed copy on to the IRS for processing at that time in your life.
    Check out your state website around the end of January to see if you can find some free face to face assistance with your 2012 income tax return during the 2013 tax filing season for this purpose VITA/TCE or the AARP Tax-Aide program might have some local volunteer sites in your area for this purpose and time in your life.
    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 01/12/2013

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. mindcrime828 on Jan 12, 2013 Reply

    1 – you should never file taxes without a W-2 unless you never receive one.

    2 – The IRS is not accepting returns until Jan 30th, and you should have your W-2 by then.

    3 – Filing before your Dad will not allow you to claim yourself. If he can claim you, then you cannot. This is what will happen. You take the exemption on your return and receive a refund. Your Dad files, claiming you as a dependant. His return gets rejected because of this. He files the explanation proving he can claim you as a dependant. The IRS accepts this, then goes after you for the taxes on that amount. So you will just create a bad situation for yourself.

    Wait for your W-2 and file your return properly.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply