Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

Adams tax forms/tax forms helper?

Asked by: lpliskin 1451 views YA Discussion

I am working on taxes for my brothers company and have no clue what I am doing. Tomorrow I will install the “tax forms helper” from “adamstaxforms”. We used quickbooks on one computer but that expired so we installed quick books to his new computer in Dec. Does it matter what computer I use to install the tax forms helper? I tried to find something on youtube and there’s nothing. Any info about this program is appreciated. Thanks

How others found here:

  • adams tax forms helper 2012
  • Tax Forms Helper 2012
  • adams tax form helper 2012

2 Answers

  1. Just an Iowan on Jan 07, 2013 Reply

    You answered your own question. you “have no clue what you are doing”. You are doing your brother one of the biggest disfavors he will ever incurr. Taxation for the “simplest” tax returns requires someone who knows what they’re doing. A business with (possibly), start-up expenses, first year deductions, and business expenses the ordinarily W-2 taxpayer doesn’t have needs someone who knows what they’re doing. I advise you not to go the “cheap” preparer or franchise tax prep place. Some of them, at least locally, don’t know a child born after July is a dependant for the year, and that’s basic, basic tax knowledge, and they advertise themselves as “the tax people”. I suggest taking your printouts for as far as you have them, tally up the remaining income and disbursements for the year on paper by catagory, and take the figures to a CPA or EA. Then install quickbooks on your new computer and take off for the new year. A real professional fee might be more, but lots cheaper in form of less tax and better accuracy and all your legimite deductions.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. tro on Jan 07, 2013 Reply

    I hope you have hard copies of the information you entered on quickbooks for the first part of the year, or if you transferred that year to date information to your new system to have a complete year of operation for your brother
    you also don’t mention what type of business it is, a sole proprietor, a Corp or a Partnership? the latter can get very involved especially if you don’t know what you are doing and they are filed on different tax forms, 1120 or 1065
    it might do well to get some professional help

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Your Reply